How to buy Litecoin (LTC) in Australia?
- 1. Get a Litecoin wallet
- This is where you will store your purchased cryptocurrency. You can get a free online wallet or a hardware wallet.
- Elbaite does not hold your cryptocurrency in their own centralised wallet. Elbaite believes, your cryptocurrency is only yours if it is in your wallet.
- 2. Find an offer from a trusted seller
- Find an offer on a peer to peer exchange at a price and amount you would like to buy.
- Elbaite is a peer to peer exchange that connects trusted sellers to trusted buyers through our unique TraderTrust system.
- 3. Pay for your purchase
- Pay the agreed amount using your bank account.
- On Elbaite you can pay using OSKO / PayID or mobile banking to the Elbaite escrow bank account where it is kept safe until you receive your Litecoin in your wallet. The seller will never know your banking details, keeping your data private.
What is Litecoin?
Litecoin is a fork of Bitcoin Core which was released in 2011 by Charlie Lee. Litecoin is an open source, fully decentralised global payment network. It was proposed as an improvement to the Bitcoin Core network featuring reduced blocktimes, increased total supply and a different proof of work algorithm. These improvements make Litecoin transactions faster and with lower transaction fees.
More Litecoin information